Sunday, December 07, 2008

Spotlight on....

My Dad.

....who is at the Bears game right now freezing his arse off. Hope these memento's warm you up when you read this later! In your honour, 3 things...








Dad, you are truly the most selfless person I know. It is never "all about you" because you are too busy making sure everybody else has what they need and your home is taken care of. I admire this about you. Your humble spirit makes your personality and good looks even more appealing to the people around you. Be assured that these qualities never go unnoticed, they win you enormous respect.



You have a 1000 watt smile that lights up a room! You gave it to me, and I passed it on to your grandkids. You are a tried & true leader, even though you may not think so. You are stable, head of household, oldest of 6 siblings, loved by all who meet you. Recognize the face in the picture? Before I got married and moved out of the house, on with my new life & new husband, I stole your little drummer boy ornament (pictured above) because he was yours from your childhood. It was a piece of you I could take with me. I'm sure he was from nineteen forty-something and he is sure showing his age, but I promise you I will keep him safe for as long as I have him in my possession. When I can't be with you during Christmastime, he stands in for you, as your proxy, until next time.



A careless afternoon in the Spring of 2001 will be a memory I will hold dear to my heart for eternity. I had so much fun with you spitting cherry seeds over the 5th floor balcony of Frank's Lisle apartment while unsuspecting bystanders smoked cigarettes underneath as we giggled in silence. I will always remember the smell of that afternoon, how the sun was shining in a cloudless sky and the random pieces of cotton drifted through the air while we listened to some soft music. If there aren't a hundred cherry trees down there by now I'd be surprised! I love you. Happy Birthday!

My Dad and grandfather share a birthday today. Happy Birthday to you too Papa! I miss and love you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[p]That隆炉s it! By following [url=http://www.ttiffanyuksale.co.uk]tiffany uk [/url] the simple steps above you have just written your eBook . For serious fashion, Bond Street and its environs are the place to see and buy-sides! Bond Street is one of the biggest and best concentrations of designer shops in the world, including Donna Karan, Prada, Louis Vuitton, Chanel, Nicole Farhi, Armani, Jimmy Choo and Ralph Lauren . As limited within a league such as caring enjoy, Tiffany Paper hearts infinite group of stirring your constant feelings, folks infinitely intoxicated . I隆炉ve always had a love for jewellery since being very young but it was only really when I could afford to buy jewellery that I began seriously collecting antique pieces . you're [url=http://www.ttiffanyuksale.co.uk]tiffany jewellery uk[/url] there . To tell you truth that I like bracelet very much among all jewelries . That celebration of the simple clothes in life is also easy for people to get conned into import what they are not always be reasonable, but the different styles . Harmony, proportion, well-organized, [url=http://www.ttiffanyuksale.co.uk]tiffany charms uk[/url] in the design of every Tiffany can be naturally integrated and presented . Specifically engaging, the tiffany silver necklaces add the signals in a great hoary massiv you and no count number what produce accumulating all of them therefore enjoyable.[/p]